The landing page, also called the lead capture page, is a webpage where visitors land when they click on ads. These pages usually showcase logical extensions of ads in the form of digital sales copies. Landing pages are linked to email marketing campaigns, social media, and search engine marketing.
Two of the most common applications for landing pages are Google search advertising and Google display advertising, which are both conducted through AdWords. These channels will both offer a quality score for ads based a number of factors, landing pages being one of them.
This is resulted in a lot of questions and concerns in regards to landing pages and their impact on quality score. Below we highlight 11 of the most common questions and answers with respect to quality score and landing pages.
1. What is a good click-through rate (CTR) and what is a good quality score? A good CTR is one of between 2% and 5% and a good quality score is one of over 7.
2. Ad Copy testing versus landing page development: Which is the most important area to consider if I have a keyword with a low quality score? We advise you to improve your ad copy before anything else. Note that an increase in CTR that is not accompanied by an improvement of the quality score is indicative of a problematic landing page.
3. Should I create different landing pages for different ad groups if I am targeting the same service? It is advisable that you have a dedicated landing page for each ad group if you have the same offer. This is less important for ecommerce sites that utilize product pages and category level pages as their landing pages. Google looks for clear through-line from keywords being bid on.
4. How fast, after making changes to my landing page, does my quality score change? Google states that its AdWords system will visit and evaluate landing pages regularly. Positive changes to the landing page will lead to a higher quality score over time. According to Google, a change in your quality score might be visible in just a few days, but real results take months to be visible.
5. Is it necessary that all the keywords that I am using in my Ad group appear on my landing page if I want a good quality score? The simple answer to this is no. Google does not check for each and every keyword when determining the quality score. It is only recommended that you have a few of your best keywords in the ad group for relevance.
6. Is Google Display Advertising Network worthwhile? The display network is applicable for certain quality ads, or re-marketing campaigns. It's recommended that you explore Google Display Network (GDN) a little more, but after separating your display and search campaigns. To maximize your potential on the GDN, learn how to create Google AdWords Image Ads and learn how to use such tools as the Google AdWords Display Ad Builder, the Google AdWords Placement Tool, and the Google AdWords Contextual Targeting Tool.
7. How do I go about testing to determine the ad position that will give me the best CTR? You have absolutely no control over ad position. Google determines this based on your bid and quality score and the bids and quality scores of competitors. To determine you best ad position and to improve the overall success of your local PPC strategy, you'll need experiment with different bid prices.
8. With regards to quality score, which is more important between Meta tags, titles, and content? Google mostly looks as transparency, relevant content, and navigability when considering your landing page. When it comes to your heading/title, focus on communication of a clear message and relevance to ad copy and keyword. Note that your conversion rate does not influence your quality score and Meta tags are therefore not important when it comes to quality score.
9. How often is quality score updated? Calculations of the quality score take place every time a search that triggers an advert takes place, meaning Google uses statistical history from your account, ads, and keywords in ranking ads and in determining what your PPC is in real time. It is however, important to note that it takes time for quality score to have a significant change.
10. What is the proper ‘load time’ on a landing page? It's recommended that you only take action if Google says that you have a ‘below average’ landing page experience since slow loading time can affect the quality score.
11. I have going through the process of optimizing landing page, ad copy, and ad groups, but I am still struggling with my quality score – what do I do? If this is the case, you either have not given enough time for your quality score to improve or you have not optimized everything.
We hope these insights can help you create more conversion oriented landing pages that respect the factors of quality score as well as what users look for when they land on you site.continue...
It is not uncommon to see the terms web design and web development used in the same context. Although these aspects of building a website are related, they both focus on specific aspects of the website.
The roles of web designers and web developers are integrated in many ways. Both web design and development are centered on website creation, testing, and analysis. However when it comes to aspects of website usability and optimization, determining who is responsible is an overlapping issue.
Some individuals are capable of performing both web design and development executions. Yet when website programming and technical abilities are required, the niche skills of each are often more respects. Whether you're looking for a freelancer web designer or full-service agency to work with, below we depict the roles of both website designers and developers.
The web design process emphasizes the layout, which centers on the use and placement of images, graphics, and content. This is otherwise known as the front-end look and feel off a website. Web designers utilize such tools as Adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as scripting techniques HTML to implement coding for certain website design elements.
Additionally, web designers will often team up with usability strategists and copywriters. In some instances, a good website designer can be called upon to do usability testing for the website, include aspects of assessing website load speed and user navigation. More often than not, these are elements that are best pursued in a group setting (due to the subject nature of website creation,) so many professionals can offer input for the best outcome.
Web development in centered on the core functionality of websites. To be specific, this emphasizes website programming, scripting, as well as the testing of usability and functions, such as an on-site search engine. A web development programmer can create the required functionalities and processes, and integrate them into a website’s HTML and script. This can be simple development executions, as well as more complex programming tasks, such as database development.
More times often than not, web designers and web developers work together for the optimal results. A good web design company has a team of graphic artists, web designers, copywriters, and programmers as well as all the tools and resources needed to ensure the final product is a well performing website.
When we integrate the components of web design and website development into one core process, some of the aspects that found most important include:
* Website Layout: this focuses on the image graphic placement, Peoria web design column structure, color scheme, and the overall look and feel of a website.
* Website Usability: this emphasizes on on-site organization of pages and functionality between those pages. When working on usability, web developers must ensure that all web applications work properly, the layout of the website portrays the proper organization, the website loads quickly, and the navigation directs visitors where they should go. This also address aspects to ensure the creation of a SEO friendly website for search engine optimization.
Building links to your webpages is the powerful method and highly sought after services for search engine optimization (SEO). Because of the immense potential behind link building, the practices of many SEO's has become a bit sketchy and unethical. As a result, Google has implemented measures (Penguin update) in its search engine to target websites over optimized backlinks. That is, Google may penalize a website with too many backlinks that are clearly built for keyword targeting and SEO.
Optimized backlinks are links that have anchor text with a keyword target. A natural backlink would be a URL or domain (.com or .org). There are even semi optimized backlinks which have a portion of the keyword target, however it may not be in exact phrase match form. The sites that are being penalized are those with too great a ratio of optimized backlinks, thus deeming them "over optimized."
The Google Penguin Update has shaken the world of SEO. As a result, it is now more important than ever to build a natural backlink portfolio when optimizing your website. The most mind set to have while doing this is to ensure the links pointing to your pages have a blend of natural and optimized anchor text. In essence, you must create diversity in your backlink portfolio.
To maximize the natural appearance of your site's backlink portfolio, there should be diversity in the anchor text profile. Before Penguin, most SEO's would use exact phrase match anchor text. However now, this needs to be mixed up with various other forms of anchor text, such as your product name, your company name, and other branded keywords as well as naked links (such as your URL). Other good strategies for using semi-optimized anchor text is using broad-match keywords that have additional, non-targeted keywords, synonymous (such as "attorney" instead of "lawyer," and action words such as "click here" and "learn more."
It is also important to diversify where you build your backlinks. It is essential that your links have contextual relevancy. That is, the content in which the link is built must have some relevancy to that of the link. So a link with the anchor text website optimization should be in a blog post, article, or on a page about website optimization. Search engine spiders are smart, and they'll will recognize the contextual relevancy of your backlinks. Not relevant backlinks can discredit their value.
Site's can further naturalize their backlink portfolio by having a have a blend of link sources. This includes a combination of contextual links (backlinks in the copy of an article/blog post), blogroll links, images links, footer links, and so on. Additionally, having backlinks that come for a wide range of (topically related) website also contributes to a natural backlink portfolio. This includes a blend of high and low authority pages (based on Google PageRank) as well as articles, blog posts, blog comments, forum posts, tweets, and other content sources.
Diversifying your backlinks is a lot of work in terms of off-page optimization, but it can really pay off. Again, link building is the most important practices for SEO's and website optimizers, so conduct your efforts wisely.
By now you should know the common nature of backlinks and how they impact SEO and website optimization. Below we offer some techniques to naturalizing your backlink portfolio. These ideas are to help you start thinking outside the box when it comes to link building.
1) Guest Blogging: If you can produce quality content that offers value to a select reader-base, then guest blogging can be a momentous opportunity for link building. With guest blogging, you must seek blogs that pertain to your topic and ask the webmaster or blog owner if you can contribute content to the blog. You'll want to define the terms in regards to the backlinks you are able to build. If you can get your link-infused content published on a high authority blog, then you can rock your SEO efforts.
2) Google+: Google+ is Google’s own social networking site and it therefore goes without saying that creating a Google+ profile will help your SEO campaign. This can be very advantageous for inbound marketing and SEO for ecommerce sites. Encourages social interaction to attain more +1s and shares since they will increase the value of your links. Try posting links with short descriptions of your new content or articles in your Google+ profile.
3) Blogrolls: If you have a nice arsenal of blogs that you use for content marketing and link building, use your blogrolls or sidebars to build links. Use this to build natural links, not only to your money pages, but also to your articles and other web properties that might contain link juice. The idea is pass authority to these web properties by spreading PageRank power (or PR.)
4) Blog commenting: Leave comments on high authority blogs with industry or contextual relevancy can help naturalize your backlink portfolio. Most people think this is a waste of time, however this only makes the entire backlink portfolio look natural. Keep in mind that a website or blog that has a high PageRank offers a lot more link weight.
5) Directory listing: Seek for listing in quality directories such as social media directories, government directories like the local offices, general business directories, trade organizations, and local online and offline directories.
6) Link exchanges: Link exchanges should only be done with quality websites that are highly trusted. They could be with your suppliers, customers, or resellers. You could even have dedicated Web pages on your product/brand on their sites. You could ask customers who have blogs to write on your brand.
7) Resource links: Identify industry websites that are related to what you offer and that have resource links listing resources that are similar to your resources. Contact the Webmasters of these websites and ask for links. Give a reason why your site should be listed.continue...
Local search is an SEO (search engine optimization) facet that targets a specific geographic location. Targeting a specific locality is advantageous in that you will advertise to people who are more likely to buy from you. When it comes to Internet traffic, quality beats quantity every day.
So, how do you optimize for location? The theory of how this is done is not very different from how SEO of websites and blogs is done. The only major difference is that the actual practice is much more focused. With local optimization, optimization is not simply for your targeted keywords or keyword phrases. Emphasis is placed on ensuring that your brick & mortar store and the site come together in an easy-to-follow manner.
Local search engine optimization techniques are aimed at getting your name, your site, and your business in sight of the most likely users of such information. These are the people who are located near where the brick & mortar store is located. Local search can be taken to be the online version of the Yellow Pages. An example of how local SEO works is that if you have a restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts, potential clients who do searches with the keyword “restaurant” followed by a local area modifier will end up getting your website as one of the results. They will also get a list of restaurants in the area on Google Maps.
Google is now penalizing websites that are over optimized. The recent Panda updates mean that the best option if you want a high ranking is to focus on great Web experience. This means greater social and local experience. Local, targeted search engine optimization is popular with small business owners since it allows them to compete favorably with larger competitors.
Do a simple search with the type of business and the local area modifier. You will find that the results, which will dominate the first page of the SERPs will be businesses that are listed with Google Places. Given this fact, it follows that incorporating local SEO techniques to your campaign will come in handy.
It is important that you know different effective local SEO strategies and tips that will increase your ranking. There are many businesses that are trying to do the same and it therefore follows that getting a high ranking is easy. There are several strategies that have been tried and tested over time and that are guaranteed to improve your ranking in no time.
There are several business directories, among the most popular being Google+ Local, Yelp, InsiderPages, YellowPages, and FourSquare. Get listed in as many of these business directories as possible. Listing in most of them is free of charge.
Business directories are great in local SEO promotion since they increase your business’s visibility. They also help in the increasing of the ranking of your website in SERPs. For instance an Illinois directory would benefit your local Illinois business's SEO efforts due to local relevancy. Also look for categories that are related. So if you own an Illinois SEO firm, seek categories around Internet marketing and SEO companies. Strong directories like Google Maps will increase your ranking on other search engines such as Bing, Yahoo!, and MSN.
Of all these business directories, Google Places is the most effective since Google is the most popular search engine and listing is free of charge. All you should do is create an account and provide the information required. You are allowed to include a brief description of your business and to provide a link to your site.
Keyword optimization is one of the most effective search engine optimization techniques. This is also true for local SEO. Keyword optimization means having the right keyword and using the keyword optimally. Optimal use of the keyword means having the right keyword density when doing SEO copywriting. Overusing the keyword will lead to accusations of spamming and under using the keyword will not give you the desired results.
Keywords are what search engines use to determine your ranking in SERPs, among other factors such as link building. Keyword research helps you get the most effective yet least competitive keyword. You should also ensure that the wording and arrangement of the keyword leads to different results in SERPs. As an example, Boston local SEO will give you different results from local SEO Boston. There are several keyword research tools that you could use to come up with the best possible keyword.
Encourage users to leave reviews, be they good or bad. This will help build a positive reputation. User reviews are also important in local SEO. Potential clients use reviews to determine the appropriateness of your products/services. The feedback you get is important because it will help you with such things as product development.
Human beings respond better to images than to text. A high quality image of your business premises will go a long way in enhancing your reputation. It is possible to optimize images for search engines. To do this, have your keyword in the image title through an image Alt tag.
What is the impact of local search in your local business?
Google understands that most people who are searching for businesses want results for businesses in their neighborhood and this is the reason why there is even a map for local businesses in the first SERP. Take advantage of this and list your business and use keywords that have a local area modifier.
According to recent statistics, 20% of all searches are local searches. You should optimize your website for local searches because you will be able to compete with larger competitors in your area. There are precious few other opportunities to compete with them since they have more advertising dollars to hire a highly professional SEO expert.
Local SEO is important because you will be exposed to a bigger audience given the fact that most people today are doing product searches over the Internet. The increased traffic will translate into more sales. Do local SEO as part of a larger SEO strategy for the best results. Consider such website promotion methods as email marketing, social media marketing, and link building.continue...
In the digital age that we live in, blogging has offered up a platform for people who would like to share their views online. Whether these views are personal or professional, it does not matter. It is simply a means to put out what you want whether it is in terms of personal experiences much like a journal or as a professional’s point of view in things regarding your niche.
One thing to note though is that the blogosphere is filled with millions of writers. With the introduction of AdSense by Google, bloggers can now make money from their blogs, which has stiffened the completion. Although blog creation is essentially free, you should have a following if you expect to make any money from your efforts.
So, how can one become a better blogger?
1. Have clear objectives. Before you begin a blog, you should have a clear idea of which direction you would like it to go. One cannot simply wake up one morning and decide to write on anything and everything and hope to amass a following. You should know who your target audience will be before you can decide what content would be best suited to them. Go through different blogs and figure out how they are reaching their target audience then you can make a decision on what your niche and overall web presence would be.
2. Get into your readers’ minds. Blog readers tend to expect a lot from the author of the blog. If you think that simply having excellent grammar and being eloquent will cut it, you will be wrong. It does not matter what niche you will be writing about, you should ensure the content is unique for you to develop your own following.
What will make readers choose your blog rather than go somewhere else and read about the same thing? One of the best ways of getting into your readership’s heads would be by enabling comments on each of your blog posts. This will let you get content feedback, both positive and negative, and allow you to make the necessary changes.
3. Optimize your content. When it comes to writing, most people will go with the flow and jot down what comes to mind first. This is all well and good but this cannot be your final work. You should edit all your blog posts to ensure that they are well optimized and free of errors. It's important that the content can be understood in the context in which you want it to be comprehended.
4. Optimize your images. If you want your blog to stand out, it is recommended you incorporate images to break up the content. Do not use substandard images though. Learning the ropes of image editing will go a long way in giving your blog a professional edge. Additionally, image optimization can be very advantageous for your blog. To learn more about image optimization, click here
5. Custom design of your blog. The design of your blog is one of the most important considerations and possibly the hardest job to accomplish. Your template should match the overall theme of the blog. If you are not proficient in web design, it is recommended to hire the services of someone who is.
Are you an experienced blogger that has some tips to share? Let us know in the comments section below!continue...
Creating quality, audience-valued content is an important aspect of online marketing. It's important to consider where you post or share your content and the frequency of doing this.
However, the top consideration remains on the kind of content you create and how you present it.
It is important to develop a strategy for creating marketable content in which you will place on your blogs, videos and even the web pages. The best strategy begins when you start thinking like a publisher whenever you want to come up with the right content.
A publisher usually considers the work they have done in the past when coming up with a new project. You should try and go through some of your old content and consider what you can re-use depending on relevance. You can just add new information to the existing content and then create something that will still be relevant today. Just have a stock of all your old content just in case you may need to reuse it.
The next step is to set goals before you start developing your content. It is important to be sure about what you wish to accomplish before you set out to do succeed. Understanding why you are creating the content together with its purpose for your business will help you come up with a list of goals.
Bear in mind that every business has distinct goals when creating certain content. For instance, one company may want to use the blog post to mainly drive traffic to their website whereas another may want to experience higher conversion rates or customer retention using that content. Whatever the case, the main idea should be to achieve a certain business goal.
It is also recommended that you do a lot of research prior to creating your content. Understand your audience, online market and a list of keywords together with what is happening in the social scene before you create any content. After this research, you can now start creating an editorial plan. This will help you optimize your website's content for better exposure.
An editorial plan basically contains the steps and key elements used in content marketing. It may include the dates, themes, events, distribution channels, Meta data, content pieces and content owners. Your audience should be able to identify your personality as a business if you want to have a good number of loyal audiences. Using an editorial calendar is a great way to keep track of your strategy, remain organized and reducing the risks of missing critical steps in the content marketing plan.
When it comes to content creation, it is suggested that special importance be placed on the persons creating your business content. You can decide to outsource to a more qualified content marketing agency. The creation process can be easier if you supply the creators with the research you have performed earlier and your goals.
Make sure you know where you will distribute this content and note it in your editorial calendar. Promote your content on social web pages. After deployment of the campaign, make sure you assess your results in order to determine whether your goals have been met.continue...
Mobile websites are a great way to target a larger group of audiences through mobile phones. It is essential to have an accessible mobile website in addition to the regular web page. This ensures your availability to the users at all times as well as increasing your visibility throughout the Internet. When it comes to mobile websites, there are some factors that you should consider for maximum optimization:
You cannot fit all the content on your web page into a mobile site. Therefore, you need to simplify your content as much as possible to the key pieces of information that you expect your visitors to be interested in. The steps involved in entry-to-purchase should also be in the shortest and simplest manner. Using technology such as QR codes can help to direct the user to the purchase within the shortest time.
In as much as you simplify the information on your mobile website, the site layout will determine how simply this information can be accessed. Another hindering factor is that mobile pages load slower than web pages especially if they have a very complex website design. Keeping in mind that users do not have the time to keep clicking on pages deeper into the website, ensure that your layout is streamlined as much as possible. For this reason, mobile website optimization is key to ensure pages render quickly.
The same branding elements should be maintained between both sites. This is because the mobile website is one of the areas through which you promote your brand essence. It is also important to maintain a similar feel to your standard site for visitors who have visited your standard site before. This familiarity assures them that they are in the right place. Colour patterns and imagery should be consistent when doing any sort of website optimization for mobile sites.
Do not try to fit too much information on your mobile website as earlier mentioned in form of simplicity. Allowing for white space in your lay out gives the user the opportunity to enjoy a well laid out mobile page as well as the ease to click on desired buttons. Accuracy in accessing the content one is aiming for is usually a problem in many of the crammed mobile WebPages.
This is because there are some products that do not support Java. Most of such products make up a large percentage of the mobile market and installing Java or Flash players will rule out a large percentage of potential visitors to your site. These types of plug-ins may also cause the website to take longer to load, and make for a choppy, non SEO friendly web design.
Texting on the phone is a drag for many people. Some people are also not able to comfortably use the keypads on most phones. Therefore, it is better to reduce text entries by introducing drop down menus or checklists. This is one way of tackling the challenges of typing on the phone while improving the conversion optimization of your site. Most webpage users will greatly appreciate this effort.
You should ensure that your website is able to detect when a user is on a mobile device. This helps in redirecting them faster to a mobile version of your web page. Any individual who enters your website on a mobile device will be directed to the mobile optimized page for your site. Most people will abandon the website if they have to use a standard view on mobile.
Mobile websites are a popular and easy to access option for many users. You may be surprised of how many users access your website through a mobile device. Therefore, creating an easy to use platform with great features will ensure that you maintain your mobile audience as well as webpage audiences who have gone mobile. Using the above tips to optimize your mobile webpage will be a great place to start off and will surely be an integral component to your 2013 SEO strategy.continue...
Are you starting a business or have had a business but want to spread the word in an effective way? Your work doesn’t get cut out any finer than the ongoing task of getting social and optimizing your web presence.
Since the start of this century, the Internet has positioned itself as the center of the modern world — your business belongs among this hub of instant data. Whether you operate a local business or something on a larger scale, effectively building and optimizing a web presence will only further the reach of your business.
What owner wouldn’t want that? With the merge of SEO and social media marketing, the opportunities in web presence optimization offer a lot of potential to market your business. In this article I’ll go over three action items which can change your business's marketing game.
Traditionally, advertising and free rarely are used in the same sentence. But with the breakthrough of Facebook, followed by Twitter and Google Plus, there’s never been a more comprehensive way to reach a group of people. And the best part is...it’s free!
Sure, options for premium service exist, but you don’t need that fancy stuff. Some solid web presence optimization practices will do just fine. So, if you haven’t done so already, create accounts on each of the major platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
Google Plus is especially important to get involved with because of its direct impact on search engines. With features like personalized search results based on social media, Google Plus can be vital in getting your businesses’ name out into the vast arrays of the web.
Make sure to thoroughly complete each of your social media profiles so users can learn as much information about your operation as possible. Attention spans diminish with each over-stimulating minute on the web. So make sure each visitor can understand what you’re about easily—you’re businesses’ overall reach depends on it.
In the old ways of SEO, marketers simply built links on a variety of web pages (a lot of them empty and worthless) to make their money sites rank higher. With the evolution of search engine algorithms, this is no longer as effective (nor ethical). In fact, your site or page may even be buried or receive the death penalty by Google if you attempt to build links from irrelevant sites (meaning you will never be found in search.)
The solution to this problem is simple in theory, a bit more challenging in practice. The most effective way to rank high in search nowadays is to post quality content on a regular basis. Posting content on your site with a focused target audience will undoubtedly build and expand your reach if done well enough. By staying active and interacting with your desired community or market, people will identify with your business more.
Always Add Some Flavor
If you can add some personality and voice to your content then you’ve just hit for the cycle in terms of branding your business. People will only take the time to read when the content sparks an area of intrigue. This could be witty insights, humorous multimedia, engaging stories, important issues, etc.; it doesn’t really matter what avenue you choose, just make sure to post things you think have a value to your community.
The likes, shares, and +1’s will eventually start pouring in and Google will recognize this when it comes to the ranking of your site in the search engines. Posting dry, uneventful, obvious content won’t win anyone’s loyalty when it comes to following your business. This is the evolution of SEO combined with social media, which is being coined web presence optimization.
These practices don’t cover everything a prospective web marketer needs to know, however they will surely get a successful campaign started. Whether you’re new to social media, the internet marketing scene, or someone who has tried and been unsuccessful time and again — these easy-to-follow methods will help get you results.
The biggest challenge will be to keep coming up with interesting content. Once you have an audience, you can’t leave them hanging and go MIA, you will have given up everything you worked to attain.
This blog post was contributed by Internet marketing blogger, Kyle Blasco.continue...
Writing well-optimized web copy does not come naturally to everybody. The rules of grammar are more strictly adhered to in text, than it is in spoken language.
When speaking, spontaneity does not allow for complex phrasing like writing web copy. Sentences may be complex but the meaning and presence often is not. Eloquence in impromptu speech is typically derived from inflexion and tone more than from grammar.
On the other hand, even when one has the talent for writing optimized web copy, common grammatical errors may still creep in. The only remedy is to keep reading widely. The advantage is that when writing web copy there is often time to proofread. Here are some of the most common errors in copywriting:
1. The confusion that occurs when using the words ‘its’ and ‘it’s’ is probably the most common. Most editors catch this error because they look for it specifically. Independent bloggers should form that habit also as they hardly ever catch the error while proofreading their own work. Fortunately, word processors autocorrect this one as soon as it happens.
2. The two words ‘there’ and ‘their’ are other common culprits. Most writers know the correct use of both these words. The error seems to be come about mostly from speed typing. It often brings about a completely different meaning from the one intended and throws the reader in the process. The swapping of ‘there’ and ‘their’ must be avoided as readers find it difficult to stick to the page after being thrown off like that.
3. There is really no excuse for confusing the words ‘your’ and ‘you’re’. Contractions are really useful in speech and copywriting but confusing them with a possessive pronoun is the height of bad writing. Contractions are more often used in speech thus they should appear more often in transcripts. Whenever you see a contraction as you proof read, check and check again.
4. ‘Affect’ versus ‘effect’ is a common typo. Affect is a verb that makes no sense when used in a sentence instead of effect. Whereas, when effect is used where it should have been affect, it produces a completely different meaning. Effect can also be a noun that means the result of something.
5. A common grammatical error is the dangling particle. This basically means a sentence gone wrong while the writer was trying to sound sophisticated. This is best explained by an example; “While revving up the engines, the chequered flag signalled the drivers”. This sentence is off because it implicates that a chequered flag could rev up engines while in fact it was the drivers. The easiest way to avoid this is to write short sentences. However beginning the sentence with a participle phrase is a way to celebrate grammar. Just be sure to finish what you started with the right modifier.
Avoiding the above errors will leave your copy looking professional. One must not rely too heavily on a word processor’s auto correction. It is not uncommon for computers to churn out awkward sentences and reject perfectly grammatically correct phrases. For professional copywriting, use specialised grammar correction software.continue...
Content marketing is a strategic and diligent practice of creating and brilliant content around the Web. The primary focus in creating an optimized content marketing strategy is to leverage social media to promote awesome content.
The content marketing strategy for your website will be unique compared to other models, however the core purpose remains universal: publish valuable, audience-relevant content that earns the respect of the people who engage in it.
Whether you're developing informative articles, videos, infographics, or podcasts, your content marketing strategy can offer a wealth of benefits. Creating an optimized content marketing strategy can help build brand awareness, recognition, and credibility - all the while inbounding quality visitors to your website.
Although a content marketing strategy might seem more like an inbound marketing strategy, there's definitely SEO value to be gained.
This SEO value derives from outbound links that can be included in the copy of your content. In essence, outbound links from relevant and quality forms of content are like votes of credibility and popularity. The more links your website can earn from such sources, the greater SEO potential it will have in achieving top keyword rankings.
However, there's more to an optimized content marketing than purely generating links and inbounding new visitors to your website. Whether an image, blog post, or video, the content itself can actually earn high keyword rankings in the organic search results.
In fact, Google finds great value in quality, socially-favored content, and as a result, such forms of content can see the top of the organic search results. This underscores the significance of creating top-notch content that's both compelling and very relevant to your target audience.continue...
A variety of software, tools, blog articles, learning resources, and services for SEO.
A variety of software, tools, blog articles, learning resources, and services for SEO.
An extensive offering of cutting-edge SEO tools, tips, news, and more.
Learn Internet marketing and SEO tips and trade secrets from Google insider Matt Cutts.
Graywolfs SEO blog from industry professional Michael Gray
Join the conversations on the #1 Internet marketing forum on the Web.
See how some of the most successful companies do business.
A trusted provider of organic SEO, Pay Per Click advertising, content marketing, link building, and other services pertaining to website optimization and Internet marketing.
Specialists in ecommerce SEO services, Internet marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and more.
Read this great article about the best practices of link building for ecommerce SEO.
Educational-based local SEO consulting in Traverse City, Michigan
Very enlightening article on how to organize the pages of your site for the maximum SEO impact.
A nationall-recognized SEO company based in Atlanta that provides full-service digital marketing.
A great blog that contains a wealth of information about SEO friendly web design.
Explore beginner to advanced SEO tips solely for ecommerce websites. This blog covers all kinds of areas like link building, content, social media, and more.
Find trusted house sitters and pet sitters in San Francisco and throughout the Bay Area of California.
Local SEO strategies and news to help businesses craft successful Google Maps marketing campaigns.
Get local expertise for Peoria search engine optimization services. These guys know the in's and out's of local SEO, social media, and Internet marketing.
Receive a free SEO audit, specialized services and consulting for ecommerce SEO, link building, social media marketing, and more.
An insightful blog that offers creative ideas for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Full-service Internet marketing company in Atlanta that advocates a "search first" framework in providing services for brands.